Welcome to All Nations Food Forest – Melbourne’s First Council Built Community Food Forest Project, and possibly the first in Australia!
In the first part of this case study – All Nations Food Forest – Melbourne’s First Council Built Community Food Forest Project, we looked at how the All Nations Food Forest Project got started, and the motivations for such a project.
In this second part of this case study, we will look at:
- The proposal for the project that was drafted by the community group
- Special considerations for grant funded projects
- Design principles for creating resilient community gardens
- A comprehensive tree and plant selection guide for temperate climate community gardens
- How to avoid common horticultural issues in a community garden to maximise the chances of success
The Project Proposal
The All Nations Food Forest committee completed their final draft of the proposal to council in April 2012.
View original post 5,428 more words